Map Slides of some presentations
History This conference can be considered a continuation of previous meetings on Geometry and Mathematical Physics which took place in Bulgaria - Zlatograd (1995) and Varna (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005).
- "Geometry" in the title refers to modern differential geometry of real and complex manifolds with some emphasis on curves, sigma models and minimal surface theory,
- "Integrability" to either the integrability of complex structures or classical dynamical systems of particles, soliton dynamics and hydrodynamical flows presented in geometrical form, and
- "Quantization" to the transition from classical to quantum mechanics expressed in geometrical terms.
The overall aim is to bring together experts in Classical and Modern Differential Geometry, Complex Analysis, Mathematical Physics and related fields to assess recent developments in these areas and to stimulate research in related topics.
Place The workshop will take place in a stimulating environment, which combines a virgin natural landscape with tourist comfort and the unexpected neighbourhood of an ancient historical past.
All this in a splendid part of the northern Bulgarian Black Sea coast in the vicinity of Varna.
Organizing Committee Ivaïlo M. Mladenov (Sofia) and Manuel de León (Madrid)
Advisory Committee A. Calini (Charleston), Y. Cho (Seoul), V. Gerdjikov (Sofia), R. Schmid (Emory)
and I. Vaisman (Haifa)
International Standing Committee F. Calogero (Roma), M. Gürses (Ankara), G. Naber (Philadelphia),
A. Odzijewicz (Bialystok) and A. Ungar (Fargo)
Scientific Programme As previous years we plan to have a few Lecture Courses of 3--5 talks each
and Plenary Talks which will be delivered by:
- Udo Hertrich-Jeromin - Integrable Systems in Möbius Geometry
Plenary Talksand at least 30 minute talks by the other contributors.
- Yong Seung Cho - Gromov-Witten Invariants
- Vladimir Gerdjikov - Hamiltonian Hierarchies and Reductions
- Osman Gürsoy - Global Invariants in Line Geometry
- Jan Jerzy Slawianowski - Geometrically Implied Nonlinearities in Mechanics and Field Theory
Proceedings The Proceedings will be published by an internationally recognized scientific publisher.
Registration Fee There will be a flat registration fee of €400/ €480 for a double/single room accomodation.
Besides the room this fee covers three meals per day, reception, excursion, refreshments, banquet and
a copy of the Conference Proceedings volume. Payment in US dollars is accepted at current exchange
rates. Please notice that this fee should be paid in cash upon arrival and that no personal cheques,
bank drafts or travelers cheques can be accepted.
Registration Please, complete and send your Registration Form as soon as possible.
Support A limited number of fellowships will be available for young researchers from Romania,
Russia and other former Soviet Republics. In order to apply, please send a CV and copies of the
papers (not files!) related to the Conference topic, as early as possible to the conference address in Sofia.
Accommodation In the Odessos hotel and the hotels in Sts. Constantine and Elena around the conference hall.
It is assumed that 8 June and 15 June are the arrival, respectively the departure days. Please, notice that
there is not a local organizing Committee in Varna and earlier arrival will create a lot of problems.
However the stay after the Conference can be arranged.
InformationInternational Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, Institute of Biophysics,
Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 21, 1113 Sofia, BULGARIA.
Tel: ++ 3592--979 26 37, Fax: ++ 3592--971 24 93,
International Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, CSIC, Serrano 123,
28006 Madrid, SPAIN.
Tel: ++34-915616800 ext. 1115, Fax: ++34-915854894
- 26th Winter School Geometry and Physics, 14 - 21 January 2006 (Srni, Czech Republic)
- XXV Workshop on Geometric Methods in Physics, 2 - 8 July 2006 (Bialowieza, Poland)
- Pioneers of Bulgarian Mathematics, 8-10 July 2006 (Sofia, Bulgaria)
- International School on Modern Trends in Mathematical Physics, 24 - 30 September 2006, (Sofia, Bulgaria)
- Symmetry and Perturbation Theory, 2-9 June 2007 (Otranto, Italy)
| Conference | Previous Conferences | Ivaïlo Mladenov - Home page | Proceedings | Journal | Library | Design by M. Hadzhilazova, E-mail: email@example.com All rights reserved. Last update: May 19, 2006