If you want to download the poster please click here.
History This conference can be considered a continuation of previous meetings on Geometry and Mathematical Physics which took place in Bulgaria - Zlatograd (1995) and Varna (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013).
- "Geometry" in the title refers to modern differential geometry of real and complex manifolds with some emphasis on curves, sigma models and minimal surface theory,
- "Integrability" to either the integrability of complex structures or classical dynamical systems of particles, soliton dynamics and hydrodynamical flows presented in geometrical form, and
- "Quantization" to the transition from classical to quantum mechanics expressed in geometrical terms.
The overall aim is to bring together experts in Classical and Modern Differential Geometry, Complex Analysis, Mathematical Physics and related fields to assess recent developments in these areas and to stimulate research in related topics.
Place The workshop will take place in a stimulating environment, which combines a virgin natural landscape with tourist comfort and the unexpected neighbourhood of an ancient historical past. All this in a splendid part of the northern Bulgarian Black Sea coast in the vicinity of Varna.
Organizing Committee Ivaïlo M. Mladenov (Sofia), Andrei Ludu (Daytona) and Akira Yoshioka (Tokyo)
Scientific Secretaries Mariana Hadzhilazova (Sofia), Vladimir Pulov (Varna)
Advisory Committee G. Bluman (Vancouver), N. Ibragimov (Ufa), G. Meng (Hong Kong ), A. Sergeev (Moskow) and A. Ungar (North Dakota)
Standing Committee V. Gerdjikov (Sofia), M. Gürses (Ankara), G. Naber (Philadelphia), I. Vaisman (Haifa) and A. Odzijewicz (Bialystok)
Scientific Programme As previous years we plan to have a few Lecture Courses of 3--5 talks each and Plenary Talks which will be delivered by:
Plenary Talksand at least 30 minute talks by the other contributors.
- Roman Cherniha - Lie and Conditional Symmetries of Boundary Value Problems: Definitions, Algorithms and Applications to Physically Motivated Problems
- Vasyl Fedorchuk - On Symmetry Reduction of Some P(1,4)-invariant Differential Equations
- Vladimir S. Gerdjikov - Riemann-Hilbert Problems and new Soliton Equations
- Andrei Ludu - A Model for Rotating 2-Dimensional Liquid Drops
- Magdalena Toda - Geometric Models for Secondary Structures in Proteins
Proceedings The Proceedings will be published by an internationally recognized scientific publisher.
Registration Fee There will be a flat registration fee of €440/ €540 for a double/single room accomodation. PhD students are entitled up to a 50% reductions of the above fees. Besides the room this fee covers three meals per day, refreshments and a copy of the Conference Proceedings volume. Payment in US dollars is accepted at current exchange rates. Please notice that this fee should be paid in cash upon arrival and that no personal cheques, bank drafts or travelers cheques can be accepted.
Registration Please, complete and send your Registration Form. If you wish just to receive information about the future meetings, please register here. Deadline to submit registration forms and abstracts is 15th May 2014.
Accommodation In the hotel in Sts. Constantine and Elena (hotel Koral is listed under number 26 on the map). It is assumed that 5 June and 12 June are the arrival, respectively the departure days.
Please, notice that there is not a local organizing Committee in Varna and earlier arrival will create a lot of problems. However the stay after the Conference can be arranged.
Flight Connections - Varna Airport
International Conference on Geometry, Integrability and Quantization, Institute of Biophysics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Bl. 21, 1113 Sofia, BULGARIA.
Tel: ++ 3592--979 26 37, Fax: ++ 3592--872 37 87
Ivaïlo M. Mladenov -- email@example.com Andrei Ludu -- firstname.lastname@example.org Akira Yoshioka -- email@example.com
- 34th Winter School Geometry and Physics, 18 - 25 January 2014 (Srni, Czech Republic)
- 46 Symposium on Mathematical Physics, Information Theory & Quantum Physics 15-17 June 2014 (Toruń, Poland)
- Sixth Conference of the Euro-American Consortium for Promoting the Application of Mathematics in Technical and Natural Sciences, 26 June-01 July 2014 (Albena, Bulgaria)
- XXXIII Workshop on Geometric Methods in Physics, 29 June -05 July 2014 (Bialowieza, Poland)
| Conference | Previous Conferences | Ivaïlo Mladenov - Home page | Proceedings | Journal | Library |
Design by M. Hadzhilazova, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org All rights reserved. Last update: July 23 , 2013